Quick Facts:
Genre: Alternative/Emo/Pop/Punk/Rock
Origins: Illinois, U.S.A.
(Current) Members:
Patrick Stump- lead vocals & guitar
Pete Wentz- bassist
Joe Trohman- guitarist
Andy Hurley- drummer
Popularity: You Know These Fellows
Origins: Illinois, U.S.A.
(Current) Members:
Patrick Stump- lead vocals & guitar
Pete Wentz- bassist
Joe Trohman- guitarist
Andy Hurley- drummer
Popularity: You Know These Fellows
As homecoming day approacheth (it's tomorrow, whatever), you may be thinking that I would be picking some nice dancey-pants song to talk about. Well, although I should, I'm not going to. Yes, this is against the countless requests I get to become the DJ for school dances because, I quote
"That fool doesn't know what he's doing. He doesn't even KNOW music!"
I've also been commanded to be the DJ for about five of my friends weddings. And speaking of five, guess what blog number this is. Five! Yes, and since that would also happen be my favorite number, I've decided to go against the grain and write about a band that's already popular and wonderful and just so happens to be my favorite. I've been in a relationship of listening to them for years and that's totally probably why they're big now. Sure, let's go with that. Still, I must always be reassuring you, my fickle audience, that I do actually have good taste, so if you're still here, thank you. And since I am doing a band you already know, I've actually decided to appease your requests for a dance song.
So here it is: the song, entitled Dance,Dance , by Fall Out Boy. (Warning: these videos may contain scenes and language that is inappropriate for younger viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.)
After just having made your life infinitely better with one of my favorite songs, I can now show you the song you probably heard while watching fireworks this last Fourth of July, My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up):
And now my finale song that is so terrifically out-there that my mom hates it and it was one of the theme songs for one of my best friends, Kenzington Giggly (ohhhh name-drop: Mackenzie G.) and I. Let's welcome Alpha Dog:
(from left to right: Trohman, Wentz, Stump, and Hurley)
Fall Out Boy were together for eight years until going on break after 2009. They have recently came together to release new music at the beginning of this year. During that time there have been two lost members, Mike Pareskuwicz and T.J. Kunasch. However, the band has always kept at least the initial number of four members and has seen each other in the worst of haircuts. Three of the four founding members are the current ones as well.
Their name actually comes from "The Simpsons" and was thrown-out to them by an audience member (Fallout Boy was Radioactive Man's sidekick in the cartoon.). Together the group has released seven albums and has been featured in many more. They have also won over fifteen awards for their music and with their reformation, will most likely go on to win many more.

No comments:
Post a Comment