Quick Facts:
Genre: Alternative Folk/Alternative Country
Origins: Washington, U.S.A
Members: Brandi Carlile
Popularity: More Than You Think, Less Than She Deserves
Origins: Washington, U.S.A
Members: Brandi Carlile
Popularity: More Than You Think, Less Than She Deserves
Once upon a time, there was a daughter that was forced to watch the sappy Nicholas Sparks movie The Lucky One by her mother. Although the movie turned out as she expected, the music that was in it happened to be quite splendid. So, once the credits rolled, she figured the math of what number her favorite of the songs was and found it. Once on her track of being an F.B.I. agent, she found the artist, the song, and the other works of the singer using the handy-dandy Internet. She then proceeded to listen to all of the albums of said singer and decided that a blog post for the artist was long over-due.
Yeah, that would be me.
The song in question would be The Story... It's a coincidence, okay?
Funny that a song from 2006 is just now becoming popular in television and movie soundtracks. On Spotify, it has even gone past ten million plays, 11,003,724 plays to be exact. Even so, I must say that my favorite song of hers has to be Heart's Content. Although all of her songs have deep meaning and lots of soul, I have a strong belief that the reason that Heart's Content has to be my favorite because of the second line in the song:
"Maybe you thought we were Johnny and June."
This is, of course, referencing to the romance of Johnny Cash and June Carter, not usually a couple that people would try to emulate since they were notorious for their highly emotional and tear-filled fights. And when you reference your relationship to them, let's just say that you might be having some problems. Heart's Content also happened to be on the soundtrack of another Nicholas Sparks movie Safe Haven, which I also saw... I just can't seem to win.
So here it is: Heart's Content :
By now you could probably guess that I'm going on some female-singer empowerment roll and that's why I haven't posted any dudes almost at all. Actually, that's not it, it just seems that the girls could raise to fame a bit quicker sometimes and I'd like you guys to be aware of them before the word of them really gets out and you blame me for not telling you about them sooner. Don't worry though, I have loads of dudes for you in my line-up. And by that, I mean LOADS. Now that I've gotten that taken care of, I can get back on the topic of my featured femme.
Brandi Carlile is one of those very few people that can drop out of school to pursue her musical career and still make it. After doing various gigs she moved up to joining a three-person group. After doing so, her voice was found to be too aggressive to be controlled by others, she needed to play solo. She then went on to opening for the likes of Maroon 5 , The Fray and OneRepublic. Finally, she made it to headlining her own concerts and performing duets with legends such as Elton John. Nowadays when you hear her music, it's most likely all her. She can play three instruments (banjo, guitar, and piano) as well as writing and performing her own songs.
she rarely smiles in pictures!
Carlile was picked up by the label of Columbia in 2005. Eight years later, she's thirty-two and has not stopped making music. She cites her major influences as the classic country that her parents listened to, with her biggest role-model being Patsy Cline. She definitely gives the vibe an new and sharper edge. Her almost raspy voice adds the emphasis of her feelings and gives her the emotion that people want to hear, while still being completely authentic and heart-felt at the same time.
Brandi Carlile is the total package.


No comments:
Post a Comment