Quick Facts:
Genre: Everything Basically
Origins: Victoria, Austrailia
Members: Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (Sia)
Popularity: Now You Sia, Now You Don't
Origins: Victoria, Austrailia
Members: Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (Sia)
Popularity: Now You Sia, Now You Don't
Sometimes parents get in the way of doing the lovely blog that you dream of, as well as half of your other homework. This means that you wake up at five to go to a McDonalds. This is the life that I am forced to lead... But enough of that pity-party, let's get down to the nitty-gritty (I am slowly becoming my history teacher).
This song is both an amazing dancey-pop-techno song, but the fact that her voice sounds like it's in the same room as you is beyond astounding. Unlike many female artists, her voice is actually deep, not "deep" or so squeaky high that you feel that your ears are being molested. So here we have, her best music video award winning song, Clap Your Hands:
I didn't say it wasn't weird.
Since Loyalty is coming, you might be seeing a series of dance or love songs. And although I am truly sorry for that, you should remain happy that I'm doing songs that are actually enjoyable to the human hearing. Plus I must steadily convince my friends to ask someone and it is like trying to get a Jew away from Hitler. Agh. So much history is in my head right now. Anywhoo. I can NOT stop listening to this song, only for the occasional _______ (to be featured next week) can I alternate, but other than that, I am addicted to the rhythm and personality of it. A slow-tempo-ed dance song that can be jumped to at a steady pace is the best kind of slow-tempo-ed dance song.
Sia, a 38-year-old (take that music industry!) has released many songs and collab-songs. And those partners? Well, you might know a few of them. With the likes of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, David Guetta, Eminem, Rihanna, Flo Rida, Ke$ha, and Britney Spears, you might be asking, why do I not know too much about this diva? Well, for one, she doesn't want to be famous. She wants her music to be heard and sold, but she doesn't feel the need to carry the burden that comes with it. Although if you've since Googled her since the name came up, you may have found that she sang Titanium. Hmm, that doesn't sound familiar at all, said the extremely sarcastic. So sure, her songs many have MILLIONS of listeners, but she remains unknown. Almost follower less, even though she releases so many gorgeously devastating songs that seem to be made for your-ears-only. And she's been singing for almost twenty years now. Yearsss. So go give her some more listening (I recommend Breathe Me or Elastic Heart from a little movie entitled The Hunger Games), but mainly, give her the respecting fan-base that she deserves after all of this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment