Quick Facts:
Genre: POP
Origins: Bristol, England
Members: Florence Arnold
Popularity: Organically Spread Fluoride
Genre: POP
Origins: Bristol, England
Members: Florence Arnold
Popularity: Organically Spread Fluoride
Sometimes you have a dance on Friday. Sometimes you sleep through and can't remember Saturday. Sometimes you watch Thor 2 on Sunday. Sometimes it becomes President's Day and a ghost seems to have invaded you're house and you cry a lot (oh how I wish I could be joking). Sometimes it is then past midnight on February the eighteenth. Sometimes you are also very disappointed in yourself because of these events.
All in a weekend's work.
All in a weekend's work.
As promised to you by my last post, I already have a song picked out for you all. Although I wish I could do an artist that my friend, Collie, who's birthday it just was, wants, I also have to supply you with someone interesting. I live on some belief that Grouplove is already too well known, and that I just don't want to write about The Neighbors. So Florrie it is! P.S. don't let me forget about a certain little-lady's birthday coming up on Saturday, either. Or the one the week afterwards. <-- The problems with having too many friends. Just kidding. Forever alone.
Except for you, Internet buddies! And music! And all the voices in my head... Just kidding. Even my head is forever alone.
Now off of whatever that sad note was...
Florrie Florrie Florrie Florrie! It sounds like floss. Or fluoride. I think I'm making revelations here, folks. Although this is not her tippy-toppest song, or even in the top five (only 113,332 plays acc. to the Spotify), it's still my favorite of hers. Nonetheless: Call Of The Wild. (Just the music :c )
So behind all of that hair, who is this Blondie look-alike? As of right now, she is a 25-year-old Brit from Bristol. After being in bands and duos and appearances, her manager finally convinced her to branch off and start singing her own songs. So she did. But the rest isn't really history. Or, well... Not yet. She refuses to sign with big-name labels, and wishes her music to be "discovered" by her listeners so that they feel a sense of ownership towards the music. In this way, her music is not forced upon them, or an abrupt break-through, but spreads organically. Although this may not be the best selling method, it keeps fans happy and makes her music more real. She doesn't have to conform to a standard just because of her age, origins, looks, talents, or genre. She can express the music how she wants it to be and although the music is for the people, it is also for the artist. So just because Arnold is a British model, singer, songwriter, drummer, and girl, she gets to sing how she wants.
Yay! Breaking stereotypes!
And the bank.
On hairspray.
I mean, come on. That's a lot of damage in back-combing. A LOT.


No comments:
Post a Comment