Quick Facts:
Genre: Latin Pop/Hip Hop
Origins: Florida, U.S.A.
Members (alphabetical):
Katriana Huguet
Popularity: Building Crazily...
Why hello there
little blog! Although things have been plenty hectic I must admit that I really
did miss you. Still, I can't quite tell if your added effect would have done me
good or bad. Extra homework = too much stress, but then again, blogposts = extra
vent time. This is how we come to the conclusion that I should have just taken
an art or choir class instead of a class that actually requires effort. Not to
dis anyone in those classes, but even bad art is art and singing is either
something you have or you don't. If you feel that stressed about those classes
and you're not having to write an expansive essay on them, you may find
yourself in the need to switch classes.
Now, little blog, I
don't know when or if I'll ever see you again. Sadly, thanks to both Wi-Fi
problems (as in no Wi-Fi) and car stuff, I am having to write this blog
preemptively and will have to log it into the computer at the land of school in
the morning. Hopefully. What this means for you is that I must do an artist
that I know well enough or that is very pop recent stuff. The world of fate
decided this one for me, so you got lucky. We're going with Crazy by Kat
Dahlia. Yes, it's a pretty poppy now but shut up and go get a bouquet.
I have not seen
that video, no matter how much I really want to. So you'll have to tell me if
it's good or not. Seriously, if you see me in the hallway just give me a thumbs
up or a thumbs down and then I may know if people actually read my blog or not.
Because if I don't know soon, I'm going to go on some existentialist quest of
blogging and I think Tumblr has already had enough of that. By the way, if you
would like to see some of the other stuff I do, besides good music (HA!), check
out this awesome little Tumblr page that I refuse to customize named
porcupinocopia.tumblr.com
Now that I've
gotten my advertising out of the way, back to the music of which literally
everyone here came for!
Kat Dahlia is a
girl of which I don't know a lot about because of the darned internet sitch.
But I CAN tell you that she
1. is very pretty
2. has dark hair
3. has angry eyebrows
4. is a singer that doesn't fit her look's stereotype
5. is soon to blow up (in a non-terrorist way)
2. has dark hair
3. has angry eyebrows
4. is a singer that doesn't fit her look's stereotype
5. is soon to blow up (in a non-terrorist way)
In her song she
hides these little treasures that you don't notice until you listen to it at
full volume about 54 consecutive times when you get home. But so you don't have
to go through that hassle, I'll just tell you what's the up-and-up.
In the background
of the song there is a little telephone-automated-voice-lady saying "Try
again". This is repeated through out the song--even when you can't quite
focus on it anymore-- and acts as a steady tempo (for those of you who can
never figure out what a tempo is in any song).
In an ultimate test
to her bravery, she says the name of the guy she likes in her song. IN HER
SONG. Is no one going to talk about this?!
Finally, her song
is so sweet while being down-to-earth. She's not trying to declare her love,
she's not trying to exaggerate, she's giving real-life answers to real-life
questions.
"Is it crazy
that I keep your shirt right here just to smell you're cologne?"
"Damn, that sounds crazy."
"Damn, that sounds crazy."
She talks like it's
a conversation she's having with herself that she eventually wants to deliver
to him. Through the whole song is a journey from a liking to a like-liking to
what she feels is insane (but is actually love) to at the end where it's just
acceptance. At the end she's very giggly as if she's finally got the weight
lifted and now she's all peachy-keen.
A whole 'nother way
to interpret the song is that it is a phone call. She calls and repeatedly gets
the "try again" voice. Finally she gets through but it's just a
message so she feels comfortable rambling on until she gets to that magnificent
point of self-realization. As she spews out the accepted love speech, he picks
up and she gets all giggly, as she would if she was seeing him in person.
Anyway you want to
interpret it, that's it. This song suits you, you dont have to suit the song.
SO many songs these days give itty-bitty details about looks or feelings or
people when if they could just generalize it a little, maybe people could get
more in-tuned with it.
So all, I guess
that's my schpeel for the 1:10 in the morning. (Soon-to-be 7:40 in the
morning.) Goodbye lovelies.

Lol at first I thought you said hello little dog at the beginning as if you were referring to me, the reader, as a dog. Why didnt you freaking tell me a blog could be this much fun! now I dont have to sound like a pretentious beyotch in mine! Anyways I really like this blog. Not only is it entertaining to read but it also satisfies my desperate need for musical taste. And by the way I will be giving you a thumbs up tommorow ;) bye bye for now! love, you already should know who this is
ReplyDeleteAlso you should keep writing in this blog if you arent already!
Delete