Quick Facts:
Genre: Punk Rock/ Alternative Rock/ Skater Punk
Origins: California, U.S.A
Members (alphabetical/current) :
Travis Barker- drummer
Thomas DeLonge- guitarist & vocalist
Mark Hoppus- bassist & vocalist
Popularity: I Couldn't Safely Assume You Knew Them
Origins: California, U.S.A
Members (alphabetical/current) :
Travis Barker- drummer
Thomas DeLonge- guitarist & vocalist
Mark Hoppus- bassist & vocalist
Popularity: I Couldn't Safely Assume You Knew Them
I told you the guys would be coming soon, didn't I?! Don't worry, this isn't all of them either, I'm just getting started. Once again I am doing a group of dudes who aren't actually new and have broken up at one point. I'm not even sure how I do it, either. I remember back in the days of my childhood when I would listen to them and not understand an innuendo they were saying. Sadly, those days are gone, (no more juice boxes and naps for me!) but I do get their meanings and I enjoy the songs even more nowadays. That, and I actually have a body that will stay awake in the car to listen to a whole CD now. Nonetheless, they're great and cool and sound very drummy, but in a good way. Here for your listening pleasure and awesomeness is Blink-182 with First Date.
(Warning: I can't even show you the real video, but if you've already been scarred at some point in your childhood by something you shouldn't have seen, you can just look it up on YouTube, and you'll never be able to un-see it. For this sake of keeping this high school appropriate, I'll just give you the lyrics, because they're only half bad.)
Blink's most recent album was, yes, I know, in 2011, but shush, they're awesome. They were established in 1992 and became successful rather quickly. While going on tour in '98 they lost their drummer who was happily replaced by Barker. Their biggest hit I Miss You, has over 16 million plays on the Spotify meter, which is amazing since the magical Spotify didn't even exist until quite recently, so they are most definitely wanted by the public of now. Blink-182 continued to make great hits until the band dismembered in 2005. Four years later though, they could resist each other no longer and they came back together in 2009. They have released a total of 11 albums and are currently working on more. At this exact moment the Blinks are on tour and their next stop will be on November 11th at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. Three cheers for someone to give me some tickets to go see them! Hip! Hip! Aww okay. You can just go listen to them instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment