Sunday, February 23, 2014

THE JUNGLE GIANTS

Quick Facts:
 

Genre: Indie Rock/Pop
Origins: Brisbane, Australia
Members (alphabetical):
Cesira Aitken- lead guitar
Keelan Bijker- drums
Andrew Dooris- back-up vocals & bass guitar
Sam Hales- guitar & lead vocals   
Popularity: The New Kids On The Block




     #Iamtotallynotlisteningtothechickendancerightnow

     So this is my fun homework for the night. Or morning. That's what it is now... *eye twitch*

     "Fun" as if any homework is fun. Okay; this one can be, but deadlines, although possible, like being difficult. After staying out past ten so that I could see my brother and his new fiancee I am officially too tired to do the MOUND of work I need done by tomorrow. Why can't we just have another day off? I would be sooo okay with Spring Break coming early just so I could do all the work I need to do. But noooo. Can't have that. So instead, I sit here, absolutely refusing to do a historical essential question, four notes questions, a biology packet, late geometry (thanks, random nap, that put me over the online deadline), an English paper, and something I probably won't remember until tomorrow when it's due. Why, memory, why? But alas, I have this vacation in which I can vent about how horrible I am and how wonderful the music I choose is. Like how I might not even get to shower until 3 am while my downstairs neighbors are asleep, but how I am writing this blog post not only for credit, but for my Neddy's birthday that was technically two days ago. So she gets not only a shout-out but an honorary song-selection-sorta-singy-song.

     So tonight, my fine feathery friends, will be the group The Jungle Giants with their smash hit Skin To Bone.







     They should have either called it "Lucky in Love" or "Awoohoohoohoohoohoohooo". Just saying.






     So besides Cesira, who seems to be the only known member of the group, who are these people? If you do know of them, you most likely do through Two Door Cinema Club, of who they toured with in early 2013. But if not, and they weren't found while stumbling through Pandora, then you must just be a lucky person. Since the release and takeover of their song Mr. Polite back in 2011, they have been on a role. Inconveniently, not too much is written about this group, and you must do a bit of digging to find out more about them... I feel like I've written that before on this blog. Hmm. What I can tell you, however, is that they all attended the same high school, but did not "band" together (see what I did there?) until attending college. Although they are still newbies to the music-game-- only two years in-- they work well together and make some really arm-flailing music. I'm sure they'll be taking over the airwaves once again.

...

S O_O N .

   

No comments:

Post a Comment