Quick Facts:
Genre: UK Funk/ Baroque Pop/ Classical/Electronic/Synthpop/Nu-Disco
Origins: Cambridge, England
Members (alphabetical):
Milan Neil Amin-Smith- violin
Grace Chatto- cello
Jack Patterson- violin
Luke Patterson- bass
Popularity: European Pop Charters
Quick Facts:
Genre: ?
Origins: United Kingdom
Members (alphabetical):
Jess Glynne
Popularity: Ha!
This week I unintentionally am making two blogs (of which I hope Mr. Thomas is counting as two, since there are two artists, and it just made more sense to have them as one). This is because I am showcasing a song that includes a featured artist, something I have not yet done before! So cool! Yeah, yeah, I know.
So this week's first artist is actually a group. Once again, this kind of group is another first for the blog, as they are strictly instrumental, relying on accompanying artists for vocals. The second artist is a British, beautiful redhead. They are Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne, and this is Rather Be:
(By the way, my favorite line is: Kyoto to the Bay. Just sayin'.)
So first off, we're going to go with Clean Bandit.
they're so cool
Their formation, like many that make an appearance on my blog, came forth in college. All of them played strings but it was when Jack began mixing the music with drums and other techno sounds and playing them his girlfriend Grace, that songs began to form. When a friend helped come up with lyrics, their first song "Mozart's House" came to form. The idea to start a band was then conceived. Their name came from a Russian slang, as Grace and Jack had lived there for a brief time. An English translation would be "utter" or something I'm not allowed to write on here thanks to a certain word in the phrase. Pity. Although their song has topped the UK, Scottish, Dutch, and Irish charts, there still isn't that much demand for them, so there haven't been too much written. But what has refers to them as electronic pop instrumental magic fusion stuff. More or less. For more information, and for the release date of their album, you can just go ahead and follow their website.
http://cleanbandit.co.uk/
The next artist is yet another that has rarely any music to her name, but hey, I'll give her a break, she is new to the scene and both of the songs she's appeared on are BIG. Her three songs are Rather Be, Home, and this other one, My Love, on which she appears with Route 94 (oh dear this could almost be THREE blogs):
I feel very horrible that I don't know too much about her, no matter how much I stalk her Facebook page. I CAN tell you, however, that she is a big fan of Beyonce, has a sensationally strong voice, and is very fashionable. Also, that she reminds me of Tessa from Suburgatory. But that may just be the hair. Because I'm a horrid hair-stereotyper. Awful, yes? BUT! If you would like to stalk her as well, I cannot object.
Here, I'll even help!
https://www.facebook.com/JessGlynne
Because I'm a kind soul.


No comments:
Post a Comment