Thursday, March 20, 2014

HANSON

Quick Facts:
 

Genre: Teen Pop/Pop Rock(ha!)/Indie Pop/Indie Rock
Origins: Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.
Members (alphabetical):
Isaac Hanson- back-up vocals, bass,guitar, lead vocals, piano, synth
Taylor Hanson- back-up vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboard, lead vocals, percussion, piano
Zachary Hanson- back-up vocals, drums, guitar, lead vocals, percussion, piano   
Popularity: MMMStop and Listen




     "'that's not a rat. That's a pelican.' #imcurrentlywatchingpelicans...#ifyoucanttell"

     "oh my giddy aunt!"
     "I don't like it. I don't like your shifty little eyes."
     "I DON'T MAKE POOR FOOD CHOICES ! !"
     "I've got an ample amount of teddy bears. We can do this."

     March 21st is the month and day that this lovely little blogger was born:


     On her birth-week she has experienced St. Patrick's Day, a Tuesday, two food poisoned-days, and will finally be returning just to take test and be pressured by a deadline. So it's not the best. But it should be, because she deserves it to be so. She is a hopelessly romantic geek who reads books and actually thinks I'm cool (just kidding, she knows better). As well as the only official follower of this blog, even though I have tons of other friends who read and experience and music and blah blah blah. One time she called me a demon, angel, and servant all in the same sentence, because she and I use too many commas... We're un-edumacated. So for this reason, she is allowed to inspire the blog of the week. She is also allowed to keep trying to snoop on what I'm doing right now by calling me a Communist.

     SO! This week, bloggy-wog, as it is called in my lappy-top's file, will be doing a special segment on Hanson's Juliet. (Heh. Get it, Aubrilynn?) Plus, it's like... really good.






     I must start by telling you that I discovered this song as the sole highlight during my horrendous Spring Break. I already knew Hanson. And you do too! Because, *shudder*, MMMBop. "Hey!" you say. "Just because they sound like girls for the most part doesn-- Yeah, you're right." Well, thank you for agreeing with me, for one. And two, they are all very talented and musical and still together and the youngest one might happen to have the prettiest hair that's ever been groomed in a boy-band. I also think I just realized that I like a boy band. But now they're a maaaaan baaaand.



Isaac, Taylor, and Zach THEN


Zac, Isaac, Taylor NOW



Cool.


     So these brothers are musical wonders who all do pure music. They don't need instruments, and like to rely heavily upon each other in acapella songs. After the MMMBop sensation, they practically fell of the charts, although all three did manage to get fan-girls as brides. Only recently have they started re-appearing, despite releasing albums and going on tours for 22 years. YEARS. They're youngest member, Zac, is only 29 this year. Seriously, these boys were practically bred for harmonizing and music-aling. Now, I'm not one of those people who tend to like live-music recordings as keepsakes, but if I EVER saw these fine boys (guys? men? brethren?) live, and I had the opportunity, I would most definitely. No hesitations. Now I could go into the different labels they've gone under, the countless tours, and the many songs, but that means nothing. I mean, Justin Bieber has those, maybe not the countless years, but you get my jist: just because you can produce music does not mean you can make music. So I will just tell you, they can make music. Plus, how can you say no?

     1. They married fans.

     2. They have itty-bitty babies.
     3. They're brothers.
     4. They're attractive.
     5. They put forth a good image.
     6. Stop reading and go watch them. And buy their CD's. And yeah.

     Go forth and music!


     Felicitated birthdate, fair Aubrilynn of the royal concept. Thou art worthy of the script soaked in floral ornaments, and of that ye shall receive.

     I think I mixed two time periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment